Before the Flood: Green Drinks January Film Screening
- 12-01-2017 18:30 - 21:00
- Haworth Furniture, Shanghai
A documentary that focuses on the climate change, Green Initiatives’ 70th documentary film screening, Before the Flood, observes from the perspective of Leonardo DiCaprio, as a United Nations Messenger of Peace. This film shows a number of changes on earth which are the results of climate changes.
The film is directed by Fisher Stevens and produced by Leonardo DiCaprio, Fisher Stevens, Jennifer Davisson and Trevor Davidoski with Brett Ratner and James Packer of RatPac Entertainment. Through the film, a message that they want to deliver to audiences is being together, we can help ourselves to save the earth.
Please visit the official website of this documentary for more details.
- Film will have Chinese subtitles.
- Screening will be followed by a short discussion with Mika Kania, who has worked with the USGBC (the team behind LEED, world's most widely used green building certification system) for over six years.
- There will be an entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice and beer.
- ¥70 for non-registered guests. ¥20 for students and interns, with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
Light snacks and refreshments will be provided to all attendees.
Mika Kania - Guest Moderator
Mika Kania is a sustainability professional who specializes in implementing green building programs in Asia. As a business development director at BEE, an engineering consulting firm, she works to increase the market share of LEED, WELL & RESET in the retail, hospitality, commercial and industrial sectors. Prior to joining BEE, Mika worked for 6 years at the U.S. Green Building Council, the creators of LEED, on developing technical solutions for projects in Asia. She has a BBA in Real Estate Finance and Urban Land Economics.